In St Helens we are committed in carrying out meaningful engagement and communicating effectively with our community. There are lots of ways you can get involved:
- Join a Patient Participation Group (PPG) - Each of our GP practices in St Helens has a PPG, which is open to all registered patients and can include attendance at regular meetings to discuss practice matters and act as a voice of the patients at your practice. To get involved, you will need to contact your GP Practice.
- Attend one of our events - As part of our engagement work, we both run events which you can attend, but also go to local community groups, meetings, and events to talk about the work happening locally.
- Have your say on what’s happening - We are always working on improving health and social care in St Helens and regularly need to know your thoughts, ideas, and concerns about local services.
- Social Media - St Helens Cares are active users of both Twitter and Facebook. We regularly post updates on what's happening locally as well across Cheshire and Merseyside as well as opportunities to have your say or attend events.
- Other Opportunities - We work closely with NHS England and other organisations to provide training and development opportunities to our local community
- Join Cheshire and Merseyside Citizen Panel - becoming a member of the citizen panel you will find out what’s going on locally and across Cheshire and Merseyside and regularly updated on work happening across St Helens and given the opportunity to have your say and engage with local health and social care decisions.