St Helens urgent treatment centre
If you have one of the following minor injuries or minor ailments you could be treated at the UTC which is based in the Millennium Centre on Hall Street in St Helens town centre. Alongside the highly skilled nursing staff, a GP is based on site from 11am to 8pm, Monday to Friday.
Staff at the UTC can treat the following:
- Minor cuts and wounds
- Minor burns or scalds
- Eye injuries and infections
- Suspected simple fractures
- Minor head injury
- Rashes and allergic reactions
- Muscle or Joint Injuries (e.g. sprains and strains)
- Childhood illnesses (e.g. croup and bronchiolitis)
- Abdominal pain
They can also:
- Check after a road traffic collision
- Prescribe emergency contraception
- Carry out on-site tests (e.g. x-ray, ECG, bloods)
The UTC is open 365 days a year
7am - 10pm Monday to Saturday
9am - 10pm Sunday and Bank Holidays
Please note: the centre will close to new patients at 9.15pm.
Patients are encouraged to attend before 9pm so that there is time to safely triage, assess and provide the required treatment before the UTC closes.